Monday, October 31, 2011

SE491 - Entry 4

Connie Phan - 10/31/2011

Activities and contribution

1. Worked with Travis to come up with design for data service classes
2. Created initial class diagram
3. Wired my posting UI to call the stub service provider

What are the challenges encountered

1. I am relatively new to Java development so I am still not as effective as I'd like to be. I am still trying to get familiar with Java related technologies for Security and Web Services.
2. Working in a team with different time zone and work schedule is a challenge because we don't have the luxury of being able to jump on a conference call for questions or collaboration. I feel a little disconnected with the team from time to time

Plan for the next 7 days

1. Update data service stubs to return hard coded data so we can test calls to services for Marvin, Matt, and my own screens
2. Research ORM tool. Right now we're thinking to use JPA


Individual metrics

1. Class diagram design - 8 hours
2. Emails and meeting - 2 hours
3. Wire up UI - 4 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment